ACTN Strategies is the boutique consulting firm that helps clients combat risk and take on change with confidence. We are looking for a polished, ambitious, and energetic Senior Business Development Manager to support meaningful firm growth. At ACTN Strategies we value candidates who are action-oriented, collaborative, trustworthy, and nimble and our ideal applicant will have strong communication and negotiation skills and a natural ability to build rapport. In this role, you will be the front of the company, focused on acquiring new business and creating strong, lasting relationships with clients. You must be a strong networker with an evident sales personality. Daily activities include prospecting, following up on leads, meeting with clients, qualifying opportunities, and coaching our Manager of New Business to generate leads, engagements or contracts and nurture client relationships in support of assigned revenue goals.
• Create and implement a Business Development Strategy and lead the firm in program support
• Maintain knowledge of products and services and an understanding of the competitive landscape
• Identify business development opportunities and develop client target lists based off of geography and industry-specific research
• Develop and build relationships with potential clients to generate new business and referrals
• Conduct research and analysis of a company’s organizational structure, key executives, news articles, financial, market, and competitive data and deliver a report to firm leadership
• Craft and lead sales pitches and/or responses to Requests for Proposals/Quotations/Information for existing and potential clients, including qualitative and quantitative data compilation
• Monitor federal and commercial supplier lists, while utilizing other resources such as social media, referral sources, and prospects, to cultivate new business opportunities
• Identify needs of existing clients and suggest enhanced customized solutions to increase value and market share
• Manage customer relationships to drive sales, organic growth, and cross-selling opportunities
• Actively monitor new business efforts and sales and make adjustments/modifications as needed
• Schedule and actively participate/contribute in various business development and internal meetings
• Provide input on marketing/business development materials to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, communication, business, or behavioral science
• 5-10yearsof business-to-business (B2B)sales experience, preferably within a consulting firm
• Knowledge of B2B contracting requirements and standard practices
• Experience managing a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities and meet revenue goals
• Ability to write and negotiate contracts, and to efficiently and effectively close sales
• Professional demeanor and evident interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and strong attention to detail
• Computer skills/proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and project management software tools
• Project management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Capacity to cope with difficult and/or urgent situations requiring immediate decisions
• Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel as required
• Time management and planning skills
• Prior experience in B2B consulting and working with senior-level executives
• Prior sales experience in a startup business/firm
• Existing business network and relationships in the Atlanta and Washington, DC areas
• Working knowledge of data visualization tools and project management tools like Asana and Smartsheet This a remote position with 10-25% travel. Base salary and commission are negotiable, based on experience.
Visit https://actnstrategies.com/careers/ to apply today!
ACTN Strategies does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by law.